The WBNH Good Newsletter
Celebrating our resurrected King, the hope of Easter is what we cherish as a Christian family! Again this year, we will share with you several excellent radio specials to help you remember what Jesus did for us on Good Friday and the victorious resurrection on Sunday! Beginning tomorrow, we hope you can join us for one or more of these...
• For many Christians, Gethsemane is a brief rest stop on the way to the main story — the cross. But what is the real truth about Jesus sweating “drops of blood?” And when Jesus prayed, “Not my will but thine be done” what did He want us to learn? Hear answers to these and more during "Secrets From The Garden", Thursday, April 1 @ 8pm.
• Hosted by Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave this new Easter special features Francesca Battistelli, for King and Country, Natalie Grant, We Are Messengers, Blanca, Sidewalk Prophets, Meredith Andrews, and more on "All Things New", Good Friday, April 2 @ 3pm & Easter Sunday, April 4 @ noon.
• This new special features Kari Jobe & Cody Carnes, For King & Country, Tasha Cobbs Leonard, Francis Chan, Michael W. Smith, a message from Nick Hall and Ebony Small! "Good Friday Worldwide Broadcast", Good Friday, April 2 @ 7pm
• A timeline-perspective documentary on the events of the Passion Week, hear interviews with Chuck Swindoll, Lee Strobel, and Tim LaHaye looking at the medical aspects of Christ's sufferings. And Michael Rydelnik underscores the significance of Passover. "His Final Hours", Good Friday, April 2 @ 8pm.
• Hear an interview with the keeper of the garden tomb, Q&A time about the believability of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and take a look at how people celebrate Easter in Israel. Finally, a devotional called “The Road to Calvary”. "Easter in the Land and the Book", Saturday, April 3 @ 1pm.
• What if you woke up one morning knowing that it was your last day on earth? That's what happened to the thief on the cross, who died a few feet from Jesus. Hear his story as he looks back from Heaven on the day that changed his eternity on "Heaven How I Got Here", Saturday, April 3 @ 2pm-4pm.
• In this special we relive the impossible-made-possible. Through painstaking research, creative drama sketches and expert commentary, listeners are transported to the actual Holy Land sites where many of Christ's miracles occurred. "Ultimate Miracle", Easter Sunday, April 4 @ 3pm.
Share 2021 is coming April 29 – May 1
As you may know, WBNH is a listener-supported radio ministry, founded in 1980 by a group of Christian men with a vision. We later went on the air in 1988. That early beginning has led to a radio station and more, proclaiming God’s goodness every day! We could not, however, broadcast without the support of faithful partners like you!
That’s why every year in the spring, we set aside three short days of programming to bring the financial needs of the ministry to our WBNH family. We call it Share. So, mark your calendar for a great weekend in the middle of Spring! WBNH Share 2021 will take place Thursday – Saturday, April 29 – May 1. In addition to raising much needed funding, our annual friend-raiser, we'll be focused on "Setting our minds on things above" and celebrating the culture which is the WBNH Family.
Would you consider how you may take part? You can join us by way of the radio – 88.5FM in Peoria/Pekin or 100.1FM in Bloomington/Normal; on our website, WBNH.org; via our free app, which you can easily download on your iPhone or Android Phone; and again this year, we’ll be presenting the broadcast via Facebook Live! Part of the broadcast each year is the on-air guests, including area pastors and para-church leaders who bring a different perspective on Share. Perhaps there may be someone on with us this year that you know and love! Find out more at our Share 2021 page on the website. We look forward to you joining us!
What Has Jesus Done For You?
Every year during the Easter season, I have several occasions when I can stop and really think about what Jesus has done for me. Sometimes I cry inside at the immense pain our Lord suffered for us. And am deeply saddened for how we treated Jesus when He hung on that cross. But, as part of God's great design for redemption, it’s truly amazing to remember how Jesus rose from the grave and defeated death, after paying that huge price for my sin (and yours!).